Treatment of high blood pressure
- Posted on: Dec 30 2019
When patients are diagnosed with high blood pressure, they are educated on how it can occur and are advised by a medical professional regarding the treatments that can help. High blood pressure is serious, and needs to be addressed with a variety of changes to one’s lifestyle. Additionally, certain medications can also help in keeping high blood pressure under control and at a healthier day-to-day level.
What are the concerns with high blood pressure?
Patients in the Holmdel, NJ area who regularly experience high blood pressure are putting themselves at risk for a wide range of problems. There are a wide range of complications that can occur, including:
- Increased risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Heart failure
- Weakened and narrowed blood vessels to the kidneys and eyes
- Poor memory and concentration
- Metabolic syndrome
How is high blood pressure treated?
Patients who regularly test with high blood pressure will need to closely monitor their condition to avoid these complications and risks. There are many ways in which patients can manage high blood pressure. This condition can be improved with:
- A diet with less sodium, preferably less than 2,000mg of sodium a day
- Regular monitoring of blood pressure levels
- Cutting tobacco and smoking
- Managing stress levels to improve mental health and blood pressure levels
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle that includes aerobic activity for thirty minutes each day
- Eating healthy to ensure patients obtain all vitamins and minerals to function at their best
- Medication that is best at reducing problems associated with high blood pressure, including beta-blockers, alpha-blockers, and diuretics
What is the best approach to treating high blood pressure for me?
With so many treatment options, it is best that patients consult with their doctor about their needs. While changes in lifestyle can have a dramatic improvement on one’s blood pressure levels, some patients may still require medication to manage their condition.
Request a visit today with Dr. Magdy Nasra
If you live in the area of Holmdel, NJ and want to speak to a professional about your concerns with high blood pressure, we encourage you to book a consultation visit with our practice located at 723 North Beers Street, Suite #2C. Our front office team can schedule your appointment when you call at (732) 888-8255.
Posted in: High Blood Pressure